The iMac is a range of all-in-one Macintosh desktop computers designed and built by Apple Inc. The newest version of iMac does not have an actual hard drive, but uses flash memory storage in place of that. Whether you are operating on an iMac with flash storage, or an earlier version, there are some data storage failures that can happen to the computer which could result in data loss.
Causes of iMac Data Loss
Though iMac is a high-tech computer, but still it has to face the data loss problems. Generally, there are too many reasons that lead to iMac data loss.
Some main reasons are -
- Accidentally or carelessly deleted files from your iMac – You may delete a file unknowingly while deleting an unwanted file. The most common deletion scenario is for iTunes playlist. To retrieve deleted iTunes playlist Macintosh Data Recovery is a best tool.
- Lose files when transferring them from storage device to your iMac – If there is any kind of interruption while transferring some data from an external storage device to your iMac or vice versa, there are possibilities that you might lose your data. The interruptions can be removal of storage device while transferring, power failure, etc.
- Improper format – There are chances of data loss if the format is not done properly or terminated before formatting is finished.
- Virus infection – If a virus infection has affected your Mac OS then there are chances that the virus will eat up your important files without your knowledge.If you have deleted files from MacBook system then refer http://www.recoverdeletedfilesmac.net/macbook.html page
- Unexpected shut down – It is always advised that you should turn off your system properly because if there were some files opened when the system is turned off, you may face data loss.
- Hard disk corruption – When directory structure or file system gets corrupted, you are not able to access the files from the iMac hard drive. The blocks that make up your file still physically exist on your hard drive, but your iMac can't find and assemble the parts of your files again because of missing allocation information.
Restoring data deleted via Mac Terminal is a main feature of Macintosh Data Recovery as most of the recovery software available in the market does not provide this facility. Check Out http://www.recoverdeletedfilesmac.net/terminal.html page for more. This makes it the most reliable software.
Why you can achieve iMac undelete on your own?
Restoring iMac data is not a difficult job and you don’t need any kind of technical knowledge for doing this. Macintosh Data Recovery is a reliable & powerful utility that can retrieve all the deleted, lost, formatted or inaccessible data from HFS, HFS+, HFSX and FAT file system based volumes irrespective of the data loss situation. This software also has the ability to recover deleted files on Mac Lion including other latest versions. It can efficiently recover deleted files from flash drives, USB memory cards, etc. Visit Here to know more about recovery from flash drives. The software supports data rescue from both iMac & MacBook running with OS X 10.5 or above, including deleted file recovery on Mac Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion.
Steps to recover iMac Data –
1. Download and install Mac File Recovery on a different volume other than that from which the data has been lost or deleted.
2. After running the software, choose “Recover Files” from the main screen.
Fig 1: Main Screen
3. Click “Recover Deleted Files” or "Recover Lost Files", according to your need, from the next screen.
Fig 2: Mode of Recovery Screen
4. Select the volume from which the data has to be recovered.
Fig 3: Select Logical Drive Screen
5. After scanning a list of recovered files is generated. Save the files on the drive different than that from where recovery is being done.
Fig 4: Recovered Files List Screen
Before your deleted files are recovered from iMac computer, do not put more files to the partition as this will decrease chances of iMac data recovery because there might be a chance for your files to be overwritten.