A flash drive is a small storage device that can be used to transport files from one computer to another. They are small in size, but still these devices can store a large amount of data onto them. They can be easily carried from one place to another. You can keep one on a key chain, carry it around your neck, or attach it to your bag.
Flash drives or USB drives have made life simpler and better in many aspects. Almost all of you rely on them to store your important files as a backup on them. But with these positive aspects, there are some negatives also.
Let’s see what are the scenarios in which, your files might get deleted from USB drive –
- Deletion due to virus attack – When a virus attacks your system, all the files inside the computer become exposed to it. In this case if you connect a USB drive to that system, files inside the drive also are not safe. This virus can delete your important files without your notice.
- Accidental Deletion – While deleting a file or files, you may accidently select some other file that you never wished to. This is the most common scenario for data loss.
- Deleting a file unknowingly – A file deleted using Delete button in the flash drive does not go to the Recycle Bin, unlike files deleted from an internal drive. You may think that it will be residing in Recycle Bin but it will not.
- Files erased due a third party tool – Files can also get deleted due to a third-party software that has been used to manage the flash drive.
Now you may think that “Is there any way to recover deleted files from Mac or any other operating system?”. The answer is Flash Drive Recovery software. Sometimes you may lose data from MacBook system. In that case check here to extract info on how to retsore deleted files from MacBook
Why should you use this software?
Flash Drive Recovery Software is a leading data recovery software for removable storage devices. It can recover data and files from flash drives including USB flash drive, USB memory, JumpDrive, Pen Drive, Pocket Drive, Thumb Drive and many more USB flash drives. The tool can easily retrieve data deleted using Mac Terminal, that was present in the flash drive.
Flash Drive Recovery Mac can restore almost all types of files like audio, video, documents, application files, archived files, etc. The files recovered will be having the same name as before, will all other details like creation date, author, etc. Apart from deleted files, this software also supports to restore deleted photos from iPhoto where, iPhoto is a digital photograph manipulation software application developed by Apple Inc.
The software works very well with Microsoft Windows platforms (Windows XP to Win 7) and Mac OS X 10.5 and later versions. Visit http://www.recoverdeletedfilesmac.net/imac-data.html to extract more info. It is very easy to use. It can recover files deleted due to damage, media error, bad sectors and other reasons. This software is a safe data recovery software that performs read-only operations on your source flash drive and saves the recovered files to the location you specify. This tool also facilitates you to perform data recovery on MacBook Air in an very effective way.
Steps to undelete files from a flash drive on Mac OS X –
1. Download & install Mac File Recovery on your PC and run it.
2. On the main screen select “Recover Files”.
Fig A: Home Screen
3. Click “Recover Deleted Files” from the next screen.
Fig B: Select Recovery Mode Screen
4. Select the flash drive from which the data has to be retrieved.
Fig C: Select Drive Screen
5. Wait until the software searches for deleted files and folders.
Fig D: Scanning Progress Screen
6. Save the recovered files on the destination you want.
“Save Recovery Session” option allows you to save the current session so that you need not scan the drive again and again.
Important Tips –
- Always double check before deleting a file from a flash drive.
- Don’t save any data on the USB drive when you have encountered accidental deletion.
To undelete playlist of iTunes on Mac OS X read rescue deleted iTunes playlist.